Advertisement Vacant Position at the Attorney General’s Office
The Attorney General’s Office is seeking suitable candidates who may wish to submit an application for the following vacant positions –
Post /Division/ Salary Band
X2 Crown Prosecutor
$34,608 - $51,912
Bachelor Degree with at least 4 years working experience post admission to the legal bar;
Qualifications acceptable for this role must be in Law from a recognized common law institution/jurisdiction.
· Experience in criminal prosecutions, Civil cases, family cases and land cases;
· Conduct jury trials or trials by judge alone
· Experience in drafting legal documents
· Understanding of Tonga legal system and practice
· Understanding of Government system, procedures and practice
· Excellent computer skills
· Experience in public speaking
· Fluent in Tongan and English
Please kindly note the following –
- All civil servants who wish to apply must submit their application with an endorsement from their relevant Chief Executive Officer.
- Only application that meet the requirements will be considered.
- All applications must be accompanied with the following documents –
- Application letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Three written reference
- Certified copies of all relevant qualifications & transcripts, where applicable
- Letter of endorsement from your relevant Chief Executive Officer (only if the applicant is a civil servant
- All applications must be addressed to the -
Attorney General’s Office
First Floor, Taumoepeau Building
Corner of Fatafehi and Salote Roads
- All applications are to be received no later than 4.30pm, Thursday, 8 December 2022.